By using this website, you expressly agree to be bound by, and to comply with, these and any additional or amended terms and conditions that KN Law LLP may prescribe from time to time. KN Law LLP reserves the right to make changes to this website and these terms and conditions at any time. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions, please do not continue to use the website.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES KN LAW LLP PROCESS?
As set out above, KN Law LLP processes personal data. This includes personal data received by KN Law LLP where data subjects contact or request information from KN Law LLP directly, and personal data received by KN Law LLP indirectly.
The personal data that we process includes:
- Basic personal information, such as a data subject’s name/surname
- contact information, such as a data subject’s postal address, email address and phone number(s); and
- any other personal data that is provided to KN Law LLP during the course of the performance of its programmatic functions.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA BY KN LAW LLP
In the course of your interaction with KN Law LLP through this website, we may collect Personal Data directly from you except for instances where the law permits us to collect your Data from other sources. The collection and use of personal data depend on the nature of your interaction with us. Some examples of the purposes for which KN Law LLP may collect personal data in accordance with its programmatic functions are:
Requests for information
- Signing up to receive our Newsletter
- Responding to your emails or online requests for products, services or information
- Trainings including signing up for and conducting trainings, and provision of training material
- Fulfilling and/or delivering our services
- Tailoring content and marketing to you
- Sharing your Personal Data with certain third parties so as to fulfil any express service requests which you make to us. We may also share such information with service providers that perform business functions for us.
- Conducting surveys and studies.
- Personalising and improving the usability of this website
Where processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. However, the lawfulness of any processing conducted before the withdrawal of consent will not be affected.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may on occasion be required to share your information with KN Law LLP offices and affiliates and any associated firms and any third parties, who provide services on our behalf. In regards to any such disclosure of your Personal Data, we will only disclose your Personal Data where you have given your consent or where we are required or otherwise permitted to do so by any applicable law, or where it is necessary for, or in connection with, legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
We may also share e-mail addresses with third parties as necessary for them to perform certain services on our behalf, such as mailing and delivering products to you and processing event registrations and responding to your service requests.
We implement commercially reasonable security measures to help protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services.
HOW LONG DOES KN LAW LLP RETAIN PERSONAL DATA?
The retention periods for personal data held by KN Law LLP are based on the purpose for which the personal data is collected and processed. The retention periods applied by KN Law LLP to personal data which it processes are also, in certain circumstances, based on legal and regulatory requirements to retain information for a specified period and on the relevant limitation periods provided by statute.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under Data Protection Act 2019, data subjects have certain rights. The data subject rights are:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data;
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to processing of personal data; and
- The right of rectification and erasure.
YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you have any concerns with regard to the manner in which we process your personal data, you can contact us on +254204920000 or fill out a form on our contact us page.
CHANGES TO OUR DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
This Data Protection Policy is kept under regular review and is therefore subject to change. Any material changes to the policy shall be communicated through email and/or an online notice posted on our website.
If you have any comments or queries in relation to this Data Protection Policy, please forward same to email@example.com